Virginia’s wine country is the perfect spot for a weekend getaway. This article will tell you exactly what to pack for Virginia wine country!
Virginia wine country has become more and more popular in recent years. A combination of maturing grapevines and increased expertise in Virginia wine-making have made Virginia a destination for wine-lovers around the world.
Virginia’s warm summers and relatively mild winters make it a great place to experience year-round.
To help you plan an amazing trip, the article below will tell you everything you need to pack for Virginia wine country.
Have a fantastic time!
- How to Plan the Perfect Trip to Virginia Wine Country
- 5 Incredible Middleburg, Virginia Wineries That Wine Lovers Need to Visit
Clothing & Accessories: Warm Weather
From late April to mid October, Virginia is generally warm and humid. Most wineries have both indoor and outdoor spaces, so you’ll be able to find a spot that’s comfortable for you.
1. Midi Dress // 2. Faux Wrap Dress // 3. Maxi Dress // 4. Two-Piece Dress
Most Virginia wineries don’t have a dress code. But you’ll find that people tend to wear dressier attire. Attire is similar to what you’d wear to a graduation party or baby shower.
During the summer, you can’t go wrong with a summer dress or romper.
1. Straw Hat // 2. Fedora // 3. Rancher Felt Hat // 4. Floppy Rim Fedora
Hats are a regular occurrence at Virginia wineries. They’re great at blocking the sun. Plus, they’re great photo accessories!
1. Birkenstock Sandals // 2. Jack Rogers Sandals // 3. Slide Sandals // 4. Sneakers
During the warm months, sandals or casual sneakers are perfect for Virginia wineries. At the wineries themselves, there isn’t a lot of walking. And there’s generally decent paths to avoid mud and puddles.
1. Flower Necklace // 2. Rose Gold Bangle // 3. Layering Necklace Set // 4. Chain Bracelet
Some light jewelry can go a long way in styling your summer winery outfit.
1. Fringed Poncho // 2. Color Block Ruana // 3. Solid Wrap // 4. Sun Washed Travel Scarf
If you’re sitting inside, the air conditioning can feel pretty cool on a summer’s day. Bring along a light scarf to help stay warm.
Clothing & Accessories: Cool Weather
Thanks to Virginia’s mild winters, you can still comfortably visit Virginia wineries during the wintertime. But do keep in mind that it’s still pretty humid in Virginia during the winter. That means it may feel cooler than the actual temperature.
During the cooler months, many Virginia wineries will add heat lamps or fire pits to their outdoor spaces. You can sip your wine in the heated tasting room or outside next to a cozy heat source.
1. Orange Vest // 2. Black Vest // 3. Pink Vest // 4. Quilted Vest
A warm vest goes a long way in Virginia’s mild winters. Throw one on top of a thermal top or light sweater and you’re all set!
1. Earmuffs // 2. Pom Pom Beanie // 3. Pick-Your-Own Pom Pom Beanie // 4. Pom Pom Beanie
While Virginia wineries have some great indoor spaces to keep warm during the winter, I love their outdoor spaces. Wearing a warm hat will help you to feel comfortable outdoors next to a fire pit or heat lamp.
1. Black Combat Boots // 2. Gray Boots // 3. Over-the-Knee Black Boots // 4. Brown Boots
Virginia’s generally not cold enough to actually *need* boots during the wintertime. But they look great with a nice puffer vest, so expect to see lots of boots at Virginia wineries!
1. Cable Knit Scarf // 2. Fringe Scarf // 3. Ribbed Scarf // 4. Patterned Scarf
A heavy scarf is great to have on hand for a little extra warmth at the wineries.
Wine Country Essentials
As you’re prepping your bag for your trip to Virginia wine country, don’t forget to pack the items below! Each of the items will help make your stay more enjoyable.
Purse or bag
1. Black Backpack // 2. Pink Belt Bag // 3. Red Tote // 4. White Tote
Why does red wine always seem to find the one thing that isn’t stain-resistant? Make sure your purse isn’t one of those things! Bring along a purse that’s easy to clean for those inevitable spills.
1. I-SEA Sunglasses // 2. Ray-Ban Sunglasses // 3. Echo Canyon Sunglasses // 4. Heart Breaker Sunglasses
No matter when you’re visiting Virginia’s wineries, sun glare can get pretty intense. Protect those eyes with some great sunglasses.
Weather & Bug Protection
1. Umbrella // 2. Australian Gold Sunscreen // 3. Coola Sunscreen // 4. Bug Spray
While most Virginia wineries offer wonderful indoor spaces, I love to spend a lot of time on the outdoor patios. Be prepared for the rain, the sun rays, and the occasional bug.
1. Hydro Flask // 2. S’well Water Bottle // 3. bkr Water Bottle // 4. Lululemon Water Bottle
Hydration has many wonderful benefits, including reducing the chances of a wine headache! Most wineries have water pitchers that you can use to fill up your water bottle.
1. Wine Tote Bag // 2. Personalized Wine Tote // 3. Stain-Remover Towelettes // 4. Power Bank
If you’re like me, you like to be prepared for most things as they happen! These last few items are great final touches for your trip to Virginia wine country.
First, bring a wine carrier or tote to easily transport any wine bottles you purchase. Next, have some stain-remover towelettes at the ready, just in case! Finally, power outlets might be hard to come by at the wineries, so bring along your own power bank to recharge your devices.
I hope this article helped you to decide what to pack for a trip to Virginia wine country! For more information to plan your trip, check out this article. I hope to see you in Virginia wine country soon!
Comments or Questions?
Have a comment or a question? I’d love to hear from you! Visit me on Instagram @eastbymidwest and leave a comment or DM, or send me an email at email@example.com.