Welcome, I’m Pam!
I created East by Midwest to help busy people like you answer your questions on travel, personal finance, and living your best life.
My goal is to provide you with awesome, to-the-point information so that you can stop researching and start living.
I’ve included a little about myself below and I’d love to get to know you, too! Tell me about yourself by leaving a comment or DM on Instagram @eastbymidwest, or send me an email at email@example.com.
The origin of “East by Midwest”
- Iowa born and raised: I was born and raised in Nevada, Iowa. Land of corn, soybeans, wind turbines, and super friendly people. 🌽
- East Coast resident: I went to college at the University of Virginia and stayed on the East Coast after graduating. I live in Arlington, Virginia and commute over the river into Washington, DC for my day job. 🌏
- Mickey Mouse: Random fact – Mickey Mouse and I share the same birthday (November 18). It made for some very cool Mickey-themed birthday parties when I was younger. (Thanks, Mom!) 🎂
- Number-cruncher: I’m a CPA and spent most of my professional career as an auditor. Now I’m a finance director at a non-profit. ✏️
Sweet teeth, metal bones, & Elvis
- Serious sweet tooth: I’ve yet to meet anyone with a bigger sweet tooth than mine. If you have a big sweet tooth, message me – we should be friends. 🍭
- Team bionic hip: Due to a childhood injury, I had a full left hip replacement in October 2016. After years of stabbing pain, the hip replacement eliminated all my hip pain. I’m amazed every day by the miracle of modern medicine.💃🏻
- Lover of Oldies music: I love all Oldies music, especially the Righteous Brothers, Elvis, and the Beach Boys. 🎵
Things that go bump in the night…and the morning
- Horror movie boycotter: You will never, ever convince me to watch a horror movie. Nope, nope, nope. 🎥
- No to mornings: Words you’ll never hear me say: “Wow, I just jumped right out of bed this morning!” I am not a morning person. At all. I envy morning people but will stay solidly amongst the night owls. 🌅
- Skip the coffee: You’ll also have a hard time convincing me to drink coffee. Why drink coffee when I can have hot chocolate? When I’m low on energy, I’ll have spearmint gum or a mint to wake me up. ☕️